Inspirational Quotes to Share with You
- Prayer is first of all listening to God. It’s openness. God is always speaking; always doing something. prayer is to enter into that activity. Convert your thoughts into prayer. as we are involved in unceasing thinking, so we are called to unceasing prayer. The difference is not that prayer is thinking about other things, but that prayer is thinking in dialogue … a conversation with God.
(quote from Henri Nouwen)
- The most extraordinary prayer I have ever heard is one sentence I find myself saying continually throughout my life: “Thank you God for helping me to understand that this problem has already been solved for me.” This prayer has moved me through the most difficult moments in my life into peace and equanimity and even serenity.
(quote from Neale Donald Walsch)
- To pray is to pay attention to something or someone other than oneself. Whenever a man so concentrates his attention – on a landscape, a poem, a geometrical problem, an idol, or the true God – that he completely forgets his own ego and desires, he is praying. (quote from W. H. Auden)
- The exact contrary of what is generally believed is often the truth.
(quote from Jean de la Bruyère)
- The ruling class at present, has the schools and press, usually the church as well, under its thumb. this enables it to organize and sway the emotions of the masses, and make its tool of them.
(quote from Albert Einstein)
- Be the change you want to see in the world … Today!
(modified quote from Gandhi by C.L. Mareydt)